When it comes to fashion tips, it sometimes seems that everyone and has tried-and-true style advice they absolutely swear by. Some are useful, while others … well, not so much. With that in mind, we’ve culled 10 style tips from the best: designers, lifestyle experts that will help you on your way to living your most stylish life. Check them out:
1. Use white wine to remove red wine stains.
2. The secret to well-fitting everyday clothes is Lycra. The formulas to look for: 95% cotton/5% Lycra spandex for T-shirts, and at least 2% Lycra for jeans to hold their shape.
3. Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your eye will follow the colour and thus help you stay organized.
4. Dressy occasions aren’t the time to play with trends, so know your silhouette and stick to it to always look your best.
5. Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.
- Shopping for a wedding dress or another big-event outfit? Head to the store with makeup on, proper undergarments, and your hair semi-done to get a better sense of how it’ll look.
- Blot, don’t rub when you spill something on your clothes. Wiping or rubbing will actually further ingrain the stain into the weave.
- If you don’t feel like trying on a dress but still want to see where the hem will hit you, align the shoulder seam exactly with your shoulder bone (notyour collarbone).
- If blush or bronzer breaks in your handbag, pre-moistened makeup removing wipes will clean up the loose powder flawlessly.10. When you’re shopping for a jacket, coat, or blazer, pay attention to the fit around the shoulders. While a tailor can tweak pretty much everything about the fit of a jacket, they can’t change the shoulders. Make sure the seams sit perfectly at the bony tops of your shoulders.