Mascara is a holy grail makeup product that every girl swears by but the issue we face with it is that it dries out too soon. That makes life difficult for us makeup enthusiast. There is nothing worse than a completely dried out mascara tube. Generally, we girls do not show much effort and just discard the dry mascara and get a new one for ourselves and this kind of happens every 2 to 3 months!! The good news is you don’t need to throw them away anymore. You can revamp your mascara with just a few tips and make them as good as new. Here is how to do that.
Reasons for the mascara to dry up soon: The main reason for drying up of mascara is because air gets into the tube. This results in drying up the mascara soon. To avoid this we need to stop pumping the wand many times in. This pushes the air inside resulting in clumpy or dried up mascara.
Method 1: The best way to fix a dried mascara is with a very easily available product and that is eye drops.
- Put about ten drops of any generic eye drops
- Close the wand and give it a good shake.
- Then with the wand swirl it well around and use it.
- Your mascara will be as good as new now.
The eyedrops is a great option any day as opposed to water. Water does not work well with waterproof mascara and also the water results in clumping of the mascara. In case of ordinary mascara adding water will only dry up the mascara further. The eye drops are safe to be used on the lashes too.
Method 2: There is another way of maintaining the quality of mascara
- Remove the wand and dip the wand in hot water and let it remain in the water for a few minutes.
- Take out the wand and replace it back into the bottle.
- Avoid pumping the wand in the bottle.
- Take a saucepan and fill water in it.
- Keep the water for boiling. When the water boils put the mascara tube into the boiling water.
- Simmer the flame and let it be in the saucepan for few minutes.
- Take out the mascara with the help of a tong and check if the mascara has loosened.
- If it is still dry then take some olive oil and add a few drops of it into the mascara tube and replace the wand.
- Shake the tube well and swirl the contents inside with the wand.
By now the mascara will definitely be as good as a new one.