Having an Oily skin is really beautiful, but it also has its downsides. Imagine having to check and touch-up your makeup over and again so it doesn’t smear… it’s a lot of job, but it doesn’t have to be. The good news is… there are several ways to manage oily skin, and they are stress-free and very affordable. Check them out…
Here are things to do to manage your skin
- Always wash with salicylic acid. You must use cleansers that contain salicylic acid. It helps to clean off fats that clog the pores and leads to blackheads.
- You must always use a retinoid before sleeping at night. Whether retinoid acid is over-the-counter or prescribed, it reduces oil production in the skin. It also lowers sebum production in the skin.
- If you must apply foundation, it should always be the oil free type. To completely avoid creating more of clogging pores, ensure you keep far from oil foundation. You must also use powder blush instead of the cream blush.
- Regular use of blotting paper is recommended. Most times, it is difficult to wash your face during the day especially for the ladies who wear makeup. All you need is extract the extra oil with the blotting paper without washing your face. And they are not irritating to the skin, so, they are absolutely safe.
Here are things you shouldn’t dare do as an oily skinned
- Do not use creamy cleanser. Such cleaner secretes unnecessary oil on the skin, which will make your skin oilier.
- Do not moisturize. Instead of searching for a moisturizing cream or cleanser that suits your skin, just stick to a gel or serum with anti-aging ingredients.
- Don’t depend on SPF (Skin Protection Factor). A number of the sunscreens are made of oil and therefore makes you feel and look greasy. So for people with oily skin, SPF powders are tempting.
- Avoid over washing your skin. It’s not a problem to have an oily skin, hence, extra cleansing is not the solution. Over washing can clean off the essential oil that prevents skin irritation. It is better to wash twice a day or use blotting paper when you feel shinny.