Marriage can be a very beautiful experience… Waiting until you have attained a strong financial position or have bought the car and house of your dreams are very silly reasons to delay tying the knot. Another silly excuse given by some people is: ‘I am not emotionally ready’, ‘I have to wait for my younger ones to graduate from the university before I tie the knot’ etc.
Getting married while you are still young has great advantages. Waiting until everything falls completely in place will only turn you to an old maid.
Below are some reasons why you should tie the knot in your twenties.
1. You gain nothing by waiting:
Yes, there’s really nothing to gain. If you are 25 and you feel you are ready to settle down, delaying is not an option unless you have decided you do not want to get married. Marriage of the highest quality is among those who married at ages 22–25. Research has it that most people who are between the ages of twenty and twenty eight and consider themselves to be ‘highly satisfied’ with their lives are married unlike those who are single or living together. It is also worthy to note that most women who described their marriages as very happy actually got married when they were twenty four and twenty six years old.
2. When you get married at a younger age, reproductively, your body is better equipped to have babies unlike people who get married later in life.
3. Frequent sex: people who tie the knot in their 20s have more sex than those who marry in their later years. Those who are married tend to have more sex than the single ones. A four year increase in age at marriage is associated with a couple having sex about one time less per month, according to researchers.
4. It is said that if you are a man you’ll have the tendency of making more money if you get married in your twenties than you will when you get married after the age of thirty.
5. Less alcohol: Staying away from alcohol has immense benefits. If you have weight goals to maintain, it will keep you sexy and suave; better skin, better sleep and will reduce the risk of cancer. According to a study published in the Journal of Health and Social Behaviour in 2012 , married and engaged young adults reported lower frequency of drunkenness than those who are not in a serious romantic relationship.
Finally, don’t lose interesting parts of your adulthood by waiting till you are in your mid 30s and 40s to get married. You get to enjoy the complete life adventure with close friends while you’re young.