You may think your husband is the lazy one, but chances are you’re just too controlling. Here are some questions to help you determine if you’re too controlling in your relationship:
- Do you dislike accepting help and relying upon others? Do you expect them to fail at doing something the right way?
- Do you have a lot of rules and expectations for your partner?
- Do you find yourself giving others lots of suggestions, unsolicited advice, and what you believe to be constructive criticism?
- If there is a bad situation, are you the first to take over and order other people around?
- Do you insist on being right, having the final word, or making sure things are done your way?
- Do you “over-plan” simple activities?
- Are you a back seat driver?
- Do you become uncomfortable when your personal environment is not how it should be?
- How do you feel when someone makes you late or things don’t go according to plan?
All of these are things to consider. If you’ve actually been told you have controlling behaviour by your partner, this is another red flag. This might be true in the heat of the moment, or something they said in anger, but there might be a kernel of truth in there.