Dates are filled with a substantial amount of dietary fibre and therefore are beneficial in improving the digestive system, especially in the treatment of constipation.
Dates are extremely rich in minerals as well as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and C. And they don’t contain Cholesterol and other forms of harmful fats.
Other benefits include:
1. Cholesterol And Fat
- Dates are free from cholesterol and do not contain excessive fat amounts.
- You can easily substitute fatty food items with dates, which gives you much more nutrition for the same amount of calories.
- Dates provide readily assimilable proteins that are required by the body.
- They are a rich source of the nutrients which are the main building blocks for muscles.
- Dates provide us with plenty of proteins, which are in turn very essential for the regular functioning of the body.
3. Sexual Advantage
- Dates are known to increase one’s sexual stamina. It has been used as an aphrodisiac since ages.
- For this purpose, dates have to be soaked overnight in goat milk and consumed the next morning.
4. Healthy Teeth And Bones
If you want a perfect smile and beautiful frame, have dates. Their manganese content contributes to calcium absorption, giving good teeth and good bones.
5. Skin Elasticity
- Dates are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin P. this help enhance the skin’s elasticity.
- The nutrients in dates also enhance the quality of the subcutaneous tissues, making your skin tender and smooth.
- Regular intake of dates can combat various skin problems, as well as strengthen the elasticity of your skin.
6. Anti-Ageing Benefits
You can enjoy your dates as a snack with your coffee or tea. You can also add dates to your cereal.