Word out is that the Nigerian Army University Biu in Borno will take off next September. This was made known by tthe Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, who made the disclosure shortly after receiving the Certificate of Occupancy and the surveyed site master plan for the university site from Gov. Kashim Shettima in Maiduguri on Monday.

Buratai made it known that the Army had already reached out to the National Universities Commission (NUC) to secure approval for the university.

See Also: Nigerian Army reacts to new Boko haram video

Buratai disclosed that Army engineers had also commenced construction work at the site and thanked the Borno Government for the allocation of the land.

He said that funding for the university project was captured in the 2017 budget and commended the Federal Government for its commitment to the take off of the institution.

The Army chief said that the university was being designed as a unique and specialised institution that would serve as solutions centre especially to specific challenges facing the Army and North East.

See Also: Expose those planning to overthrow Buhari‎ – Ohanaeze to Buratai

Responding, Shettima assured that the state government would provide necessary support towards take off of the institution.

The governor expressed confidence that when fully operational, the university would be a reference point for other universities in Africa.

He noted that the institution would create employment and add to the revenue base of the state

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.