Over time, we have come to discover that it takes just 4 minutes of exercise to get the perfect body. Now, you are wondering how possible that is… of course, it is. The truth is, it does take only 4 minutes to make a huge difference to your physique.
It is the Tabata workout we are talking about! Enduring 4 minutes of the Tabata exercise in a day will make a whole lot of difference. Check them out.
Swimming is a fun activity, and at the same time, it can prove to be an extreme workout. It will allow you to enjoy the same benefits of cardio exercises while working your upper and lower body muscles. It’s best to have your own lane in the pool or a less crowded pool when you intend to pause over and over.
- A pool
- Knowledge of how to swim
- Knowledge of different strokes
- Your own lane
- You can combine whichever swim strokes you know and are comfortable with so that you can go hard at your workout without missing a beat.
- Perform at least 4 strokes for 20 seconds then repeat it to complete the 4-minute cycle.
2. Jumping Rope:
Skipping or jumping rope develops perfect coordination and is a great cardio. It can work as a part of your Tabata training, or it could make up the entire workout. There are a number of ways you can skip to improve balance and synchronization.
- A jump rope long enough to work with your height
- Get into position with a jump rope.
- First, try jumping with both feet as fast as possible for 20 seconds.
- Then, shift to jumping in such a way that you bring your knees to your chest, one after the other.
- Move on to the Boxer shuffle. Here, you will be jumping with one foot forward and one at the back and switch the feet with every revolution of the rope.
- Finally, you could go for butt kickers, where you kick one heel backwards to reach your butt, then the other.
3. Jumping Jacks:
You don’t really need anything for this. They are quite simple but have huge impact on the muscles.
- Stand in an upright position with your feet together and arms by your sides.
- Jump and take your legs apart at a comfortable distance while simultaneously raising your hands from your sides till they extend over your head and meet.
- Jump back to the original position.
- Do at least ten of these in a set of 20 seconds.
Push-ups are good to strengthen your upper body. They also work well for the torso muscles.
- Assume a plank position on the floor.
- Bring the hand up till the shoulders.
- Keeping your toes and hands firmly planted on the floor, push yourself upwards to lift the body as you exhale.
- Lower yourself and inhale simultaneously.
- Do 10 of these, but at a slower pace for best results.
5. Lunge Jumps:
Lunges target the lower body muscles, like the glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps. They are excellent for losing those calories and slimming down your thighs, hips, and butt.
- Start by bringing your right leg forward and bending into a lunge position, and at the same time bending your arms at the elbows.
- Propel yourself straight off the ground, reaching your arms over your head and stretching your legs while in the air.
- Switch legs and resume the lunge position as you land back down.
- Repeat the process again as quickly as possible in 20 seconds.