Lips can darken due to ageing and exposure to sun. They can also develop fine lines and become very dry. All this can result in pigmented and dry lips that just do not look pretty and can be equally painful as well. Today I will share a lip scrub that will exfoliate the dry patches and make lips more pink and plump. The fine lines will eventually fade away and result in ultra smooth lips.
Benefits of the Ingredients required for the lip scrub:
- Brown sugar is a natural and gentle scrub that will effectively remove the dry skin and fade away the tan from your lips.
- Cinnamon powder has blood simulating properties, which will plump up your lips.
- Lemon essential oil will help in bleaching the lips and reducing the tan.
- Olive oil will rejuvenate the lips as it contains Vitamin E
- And lastly, honey will provide the much-needed moisture to the lips and keep them hydrated.
RECIPE FOR LIP SCRUB:
You will need:
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Preparation of the lip scrub:
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl. If you do not have cinnamon powder, roast some cinnamon pieces and grind them to a smooth powder.
- Add lemon essential oil, olive oil and honey to the mixture and mix very well. It is better that there is more quantity of oils in the mixture as the scrub becomes dry with time. You can also add more oils to the scrub if it becomes too stiff or dry.
Store the lip scrub in a small jar and use it to scrub your lips. Apply the scrub very gently on your lips and massage it in for few secs before you rinse it off. Post scrubbing, apply Vaseline to keep the lips smooth and soft.
** Warning **: Do not use the scrub if you are allergic to cinnamon or any of the ingredients mentioned above. Scrub your lips very gently as cinnamon can sting your lips.