Having a baby face or looking petite has its ups and downs. Sometimes, it favours you and some other times, you get walked upon and that can be heartbreaking. If this is your story, here’s something that can help.
Your dressing can make you appear more mature and avoid any embarrassment. Below is how to dress to look more mature:
- Make sure your clothes fit perfectly. A too long sleeve will emphasise your lack of stature. Any clothing that doesn’t fit you well will look ‘borrowed from your bigger sister’. Expect to have all your clothing tailored to fit your unique size.
2. Avoid ‘little girl’ clothing styles. If it’s a fashion commonly found in the kids’ department you don’t want to be wearing it.
3. Wear more neutrals and more muted colours. We associate bright colours with children, neutrals with grown-ups.
4. Stay away from clothes with volume. Too much fabric will overwhelm your small frame and make you look even smaller.
5. Wear more structured clothing, a jacket (even one made from a fabric with some stretch for comfort) will make you look more professional than layers of knits. A shirt with a collar, tailored trousers, a simple, elegant shift dress all go to making you look more mature.
6. Be careful of the scale of collars. A huge collar next to your face will make you look smaller.
7. Look for shoes and accessories that say sophisticated rather than student. Quality leather rather than vinyl or nylon.