If you stay in Nigeria, you will understand what we mean by scent leaf fried rice. It’s a very delicious way to prepare your rice and get the best out of it.
Recipe for Scent Leaf Fried Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/4 cup of Melted butter
- 4 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup of Shrimp
- A handful of Chopped Scent Leaf
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 bulb of Onion
- A handful of chopped Carrots
- A handful of Peas
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Ata rodo)
- Chicken seasoning cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Parsley (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of White Pepper
- A pinch of Thyme
- Wash and boil your rice with 1 chicken seasoning cube
- Heat up your butter and vegetable oil.
- Fry your garlic on medium heat, add your chopped onions and scotch bonnet peppers.
- Add the rest of your chopped vegetables, seasoning cubes, peppers, thyme, curry and shrimp and stir-fry.
- Add your rice and stir fry till all seasoning is incorporated.
- Lastly add your scent leaf, stir and serve hot.