Asun sandwich is a recipe everyone would love.
One thing i did to make my sandwich more interesting was to boil the carrots for about 2-4 minutes in vinegar, sugar and salt the day before and I soaked it overnight in that juice. It gave the sandwich an interesting kick. This process is not compulsory but it makes for a great sandwich. Another thing you can do would be to caramelise the onions before using it. What that means is stir frying the onions till slightly brown on medium heat. These are all options to consider to make your sandwich juicier but remember you don’t have to do any of them. Enjoy the recipe.
Recipe for Asun Sandwich
- 2 Cups of Roasted Goat Meat (Chopped)
- 3 Red scotch bonnet peppers (Coarsely blended)
- 2 green scotch bonnet peppers (Coarsely blended)
- 1 bulb of Onions
- 1.5 Chicken Seasoning Cubes
- 2 Bread Buns
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon of Salad Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Ketchup
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a hot pan on medium heat, add the already roasted goat meat and stir fry.
- Pour some water to the asun and cover the pan and allow the meat cook.
- Add the peppers and half of the onions and stir fry.
- Sprinkle the chicken seasoning cube over the asun and add a little bit of water and reduce the heat and cover the pan.
- Check for when water is dried up and add a little bit more and stir the asun for another 5 minutes.
- In a plate, combine the salad cream with ketchup and set aside.
- Divide your bun into two, smear the salad cream – ketchup mix on the bun, add your onion slices, carrot, pepper blend if left over and your asun and your sandwich is ready.
- Serve your asun sandwich with fries or eat as a standalone meal.