We all love fruits, don’t we? Then it’s time to give a fruity treat not just for your palette but for your skin as well. Strawberries do wonders for your skin. Being rich in nutrients, you can expect Strawberry to perform miracles for your skin. These strawberry tales have been around since Roman and Egyptian eras and they used them for medicinal properties especially for acne treatment.
Benefits of Strawberries for Skin:
1. Today, scientifically it has been proven that strawberries with their anti-oxidants, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties help slowing down aging process, treat burns and offer best form of UV protection.
2. Being rich in alpha-hydroxylic acid, Strawberries help get rid of dead skin cells.
3. They have a high content of salicylic acid making them the ideal agents to treat acne.
4. It also includes extensive Vitamin C content that boosts up collagen production and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. Omega- 3 fatty acids found in strawberries lighten the skin tone and reduce dark circles.
5. You can also use this fruit to tone your skin, improve skin texture, and lighten pigmentation and acne marks.
Note: Some people might be allergic to strawberries, which may cause the skin to break out into rash, hives and contact dermatitis. Thus, perform a skin patch test before you proceed with application of any of the following face packs. If you experience any irritation, please discontinue using strawberries.
Some Face Packs using Strawberries:
1. Strawberries and Fresh Cream Mask:
Take strawberry puree, mix with fresh cream (dry skin) or yogurt (oily skin) and add a tablespoon of honey. Apply all over face, and leave it on for 10 minutes and wash with warm water. You can deep freeze and store this mask like how I regularly do. This Mask helps reduce Acne.
2. Strawberries & Lime Face Pack:
Helps in de-tanning your skin and lightens pigmentation marks on your skin. Mix strawberries and a tablespoon of lime juice. Apply all over face for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
3. Strawberry & Chocolate Mask:
Mash strawberries along with a tablespoon cocoa powder and honey. Apply on face for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water. It helps to make your skin glow and also makes it soft.
4. Honey and Strawberry Face Mask:
Mash few strawberries with fork until it turns into a smooth paste. Add a tablespoon of honey and apply this mask for 15 minutes and wash with warm water. Honey is an antioxidant that helps to fight skin impurities and acne.
Mash quarter cup of ripe banana and strawberries, add to it, a quarter cup of sour cream or yoghurt and a tablespoon of honey. Apply all over face; let it on for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
6. Rice flour and Strawberry Face Pack:
7. Strawberry Scrub:
Slice up a berry and rub it all over your face, it’s alpha hydroxy acids have excellent exfoliating ability. Let it sit on your face for a minute and wash off.