The importance of losing weight and keeping fit can never be overemphasised and lemonade green tea might just be the help you need. Aside from the fact that Lemonade is absolutely delicious and refreshing, it is also simple to make.
The ingredients for Lemonade are green tea, lemon, honey and cinnamon. Amazingly, the best part is that these ingredients support weight loss.
Here’s a look at the benefits of these ingredients for weight loss.
Green tea contains the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which helps burn fat and also keeps your metabolism rate high.
Vitamin C helps your body burn more fat and lemon is one of the best sources of this vitamin. Lemon act as antioxidants and help stimulate the liver to burn fat. Also, Lemon is high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings and keeps you feeling full longer.
Honey is another important ingredient that promotes weight loss. Honey has a slow effect on blood sugar compared to regular table sugar. This aids in controlling appetite and maintaining weight.
For the best weight-loss results, cinnamon also plays a key role. However, cinnamon alone cannot result in weight loss. Eating fewer calories and following a strict exercise routine is a must.
To make Lemonade, you will need:
- Water – 2 cups
- Green tea bag – 1
- Honey – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Lemon zest and juice – from 1 lemon
- Cinnamon stick – ½ inch
- Put 2 cups of water in a pan.
- Gently scrape the zest of 1 lemon using a zester, grater or a sharp paring knife and add it to the boiling water. Make sure the lemon is thoroughly washed.
- Add a piece of cinnamon stick to the water.
- Cover and allow the water to boil.
- Turn off the heat. Put 1 green tea bag in the hot water, cover and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Then, set the tea aside to cool down.
- Strain it.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to the prepared tea.
- Add 2 teaspoons of organic honey to it and stir gently.
- Keep your green tea lemonade in the refrigerator to cool down or add few ice cubes and drink it immediately.