Just like acne, blackheads too are a major problem! Along with oily acne prone skin that has open pores, blackheads are bound to appear. Blackheads are one of the common skin issues that affect 8 out of 10 people. Blackheads are caused by clogged pores, so keeping your face as clean as possible is the best way to prevent blackheads. Apart from keeping your skin clean, homemade facial masks and scrubs are best and safe natural treatments to get rid of blackheads. Below is a DIY for an effective blackhead removing scrub along with its benefits:
- Salt helps to reduce excess oil from the skin and is also a great natural scrub to get rid of blackheads thanks to its exfoliating properties.
- Rice flour just like salt exfoliates the upper layer of skin exposing blackheads making it easy to remove with scrubbing.
- Lemon juice is a natural astringent and loosens the blackheads.
- Lemon juice also has anti-microbial and skin cleansing properties that inhibit all the bacteria in pores and cleanses it.
- The scrub has great exfoliating properties that with regular usage eliminate blackheads and whiteheads too.
- The scrub also inhibits acne-causing microbes thus prevent blemishes and pimples on the nose and wherever you use it regularly.
- This scrub helps control oil/sebum secretions thanks to lemon that balances the function sebaceous glands.
- The scrub can be used under the lips, on the nose and anywhere else to where you get blackheads.
RECIPE FOR DIY BLACKHEAD REMOVING SCRUB:
- Things you need: To make this scrub, you need 1 teaspoon salt (table salt, pink salt or black salt), 1-2 teaspoons of rice flour and juice of half a lemon.
- Method: To make this scrub, grab a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of salt. You can add any salt out of black salt, pink Himalayan salt or table salt, I have used table salt which was readily available. Now, add in 1-2 teaspoons of rice flour and mix the dry ingredients well. Add in juice of half a lemon/squeeze half a lemon and mix everything well. If you feel the scrub is too dry, you can add more lemon or if you have sensitive skin you can add in water to achieve the desired consistency so that there isn’t too much of lemon in the mixture. Mix everything well and apply on your nose or any area that is prone to blackheads. You can wash your face first with warm water to open the pores and soften the blackheads. Let it stay for few minutes and scrub everything thoroughly yet gently for good 3-4 minutes. Rinse it off and moisturise.