Coffee is best known to treat acne as it deep exfoliates the skin. It also helps to stimulate the circulation of blood and hence it is also one of the best home remedies to get rid of cellulite.
BENEFITS OF COFFEE FOR SKIN:
- Caffeine in coffee can tighten skin, smooth puffiness, fight free radicals and help fight cellulite and acne.
- It firms the skin thereby reducing the cellulite.
- Coffee plumps your skin and adds a healthy glow to it.
- It has antimicrobial actin that keeps acne-causing microbes at bay.
- Coffee is one of the richest sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants are so important for the skin because they protect the skin against free radicals that damage the skin.
- It also has skin softening, toning and brightening properties.
DIY COFFEE SCRUB FOR CELLULITE
You will need:
- 1/4 cup of Ground coffee
- 1/2 to 1 cup of Coconut oil
- To make a natural homemade coffee scrub take ground coffee ( not instant coffee) in a bowl and add extra virgin coconut oil to make it into a paste and in circular motion scrub it all your face.
- If you don’t want to use oil then the best substitute for coconut oil is honey.
- You can also use coffee to exfoliate your body for a smooth and shiny skin. Simply add ground coffee to your face wash or body wash. Also, if your a coffee lover then you will love the aroma even after wash.
DIY ACNE FACE AND BODY SCRUB
Use this natural body scrub that treats and helps prevent body breakouts. This effective, yet gentle scrub cleans deep into pores, sweeping away dead skin cells, to give you smooth, clear skin.
- 1/4 cup Ground Coffee
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tsp of cinnamon or turmeric
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and massage it into the skin while in the shower, leave it on for few mins and rinse off. Coffee is a gentle exfoliator that leaves your skin smooth and soft. Coconut oil will help reduce bacteria and moisturize your skin for a healthy glow while cinnamon and turmeric have anti-microbial properties that can halt the growth of bacteria causing acne.
** Warning **: If you have sensitive skin then skip cinnamon and use turmeric instead.