Not all of us are born with big, bright eyes. But every girl can appear more alert and even more friendly or feminine with the help of these 9 easy makeup tips and tricks that make eyes look bigger. Here’s how.
- Define your brows. This brings attention to and frames up the entire eye area. People will perceive your eyes as bigger when more focus is put on the area surrounding them.
- Add dimension to your crease. A matte, warm brown or even a soft rose colour will help to create some dimension and make your eye pop. I used Urban Decay’s Laced with a bit of MAC’s Blackberry on the outer three-fourths.
- Add shimmer at the inner corner of the eye. Placing shimmer here catches the light, thus giving the appearance of more open, awake eyes.
- Use light, neutral colours on the lid. Dark colours recede, light colours bring objects forward. Placing a light colour on the lid gives a larger appearance to the eye area. A shadow like Urban Decay’s Sin looks good on everyone.
- Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a flesh-toned pencil. This creates the illusion that the whites of your eyes extend farther. You can use a white eyeliner pencil for this as well, but the flesh tone looks more natural. NYX Wonder Pencil is perfect for this.
- Apply mascara to lower lashes. Skip liner on the lower lash line, which closes the eye in. Mascara is the perfect way to enhance the lower part of the eye without overdoing it.
- Curl your eyelashes.This is one of the fastest ways to open the figurative shutters on your eyes. Flipping your lashes upwards lets others see the whole eye area more clearly.
- Apply mascara to top lashes.This is kind of a no-brainer, but definitely, apply mascara after curling your lashes to define the top lashes.
- Apply false lashes.You don’t have to go crazy, but a strip of natural false lashes will bring your eyes out easily. If you have a hooded eye, this is especially effective as it brings your eye out from under the brow bone visually. Ardell Natural Lash gives just enough definition without overwhelming the eye.