It has been a very busy day in the Nigerian Senate as the screening of Ministerial nominees is underway.
The modus Operandi on the floor is that each nominee is called upon one after another, asked to introduce himself/herself and the sector he/she is interested in serving then, the floor is open for members of the Senate to ask relevant questions.
All been said and done, the Senate President then asks the nominee to take a bow and leave the floor. So far, the only nominee who was simply asked to take a bow without any questioning is Chief Lai Mohammed representing Kwara State and he promised to serve passionately if confirmed as a minister.
The senate has also confirmed that Chief Rotimi Amaechi and Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola representing Rivers and Lagos States respectively will not be screened today.
So far, here are the Nominees that have been cleared, the states they represent
- Udo Udoma- Akwaibom State
- Kayode Fayemi- Ekiti State
- Audu Ogbeh- Benue State
- Ogbonnaya Onu- Abia State
- Osagie Ehanire- Edo State
- Abdulrahman Dambazau- Kano State
- Lai Mohammed- Kwara State
- Suleiman Hussaini Adamu- Jigawa State
- Amina Ibrahim Mohammed- Gombe State
- Ibrahim U. Jibril- Nasarawa State
UPDATE: The Screening has been adjourned till the 14th of October, 2015