1. Who are we.
We are Davina Diaries an online content platform which is part of Global Vision Consort. Our offices are located in 25 Braimoh street Magodo GRA Lagos, Nigeria.
Davina Diaries is part of global vision consort but our data is exclusive to us. For more information, please see our website under ‘About Davina Diaries’.
Global Vision Consort is a company incorporated in Nigeria having its registered office Plot 1 Alasia Village compound Road. Alasia Oshodi. For the processing of your personal data in relation any use, Davina Diaries is solely responsible. Davina Diaries is responsibility for compliance with the obligations under applicable privacy legislation for processing your personal data in relation any of our programs. In summary, we have arranged that if you want to exercise your rights, such as your right to access, correct, erase, restrict, object or port personal data or to withdraw your consent, or if you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data, you should Please contact us in accordance with ‘Your rights’ (please see below). We will ensure that you can exercise your rights and your questions and complaints will be handled.
2.What Type of Personal Data Do We Collect
2.1 General. We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
a. Name, and other identifying information
For example, we may record your name, title, gender and date of birth, .
b. Your contact details and personal account or registration details
Your contact details may include your address, telephone number and email address. When you create a personal account, or register for a service, or to buy a product from us, we may also record your sign in details and other information you fill out on your personal account or registration form. For business customers, we also collect information relating to your company such as company name and business location.
c. Information about your purchases
When you buy from us, or register to use an offered service on the website, we process your purchase information. This information may include prices and the date of your purchase. In addition, we process information in relation to the products you purchase
e. Your membership of our loyalty programs.
When you become a member of our loyalty programs, we process your membership number, credits balance, awards and benefits, type and level of membership and other information in relation to your membership.
f. Our communication with you
When you send us an email or chat with us online or via social media, we register your communication with us. We also register your communication preferences. For example when you unsubscribe from one of our newsletters or when you choose to receive your purchase related communication via other channels than email (such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or WeChat). When you call us, our customer support will register your questions or complaints in our database. We may also record telephone calls for training purposes or to prevent or combat fraud.
g. Information we collect when you use our websites, apps and other digital media
• With your permission, we may also receive your location data.
• You can also agree to provide us with access to certain data stored on your mobile phone (such as photos and contacts).
h. Information in relation to social media
i. Information you choose to share with us
You may choose to share information with us, for example when you share your interests and preferences with us, leave a comment for us on Facebook, fill out a customer survey or submit an entry for a contest.
3. How We Collect Your Data
3.1 We collect the aforementioned categories of personal data in the following ways:
a. We collect data you provide to us
When you create an online account, register for one of our loyalty programs, contact our customer support, subscribe to receive our emails or mobile push notifications, register for one of our events or participate in a promotional contest.
d. When you use our website or mobile apps, we collect information via cookies and similar technologies
e. Depending on your social network settings, we may receive information from your social network provider
Please see ‘The types of personal data we process’ above.
We also share your personal information with these third parties (please see ‘Disclosing or sharing data with third parties’ below).
4. For which Purposes We Use Your Data
4.1 The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
a. To provide our services to you
To handle your subscriptions, services and purchases, we need to process most of the information described above. For example, we need your name and other identifying information to sell you a product or service. To confirm your shipping and to inform you about changes in your shipping status, we need your contact details.
b. To facilitate our loyalty programs
To let you or your company benefit from the discounts and rewards under our loyalty programs, we use your membership information and your purchases.
c. To provide our online services and mobile apps to you
• For example, we use your name to personalize our app.
• Some of our online services and apps use your location, for example to show you the nearest location of your interest.
• To ease your use of our online services or apps, we may analyze the data we collect when you use our digital media and combine it with information collected via cookies and similar technologies (please see above). For example, to understand which digital channel (email, social media) or device (desktop, tablet or mobile) you prefer, so we can restrict our communication to that channel or device.
d. For statistical research
• General. We use automatic tools to perform statistical research into general trends regarding the use of our services, loyalty programs, websites, apps and social media and the behavior and preferences of our customers and users.
• Legal basis. We process your personal data for our legitimate interests to develop better services and offers for our customers, to improve our loyalty programs, to provide more responsive customer support and to improve the design and content of our websites and mobile apps.
• Right to object. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data for statistical research (please see below ‘Your rights’).
e. To send you updates and special offers tailored to your interests
• Communication. When purchase a product from us, we send you personalized ads and special offers for related products and services in our booking related emails (unless you opt-out during the booking procedure). For example, we may send you information on new offers, new product offers, software update, new fictions or special stories. In this email we may include special offers . You may also subscribe to receive emails or mobile push notifications from us with updates and special offers tailored to your interest. For example, you can subscribe to the Davina Diaries newsletter which keeps you informed on attractive new offers, new fiction stories or books, package deals and the latest news. With your consent, we may also send you emails on specific occasions, such as a special offer on your birthday or personalized offers for your next purchase within a few months after you initial purchase.
We may also use other communication channels to send you personalized ads and special offers, such as postal mail or, with your consent, social channels (such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or WeChat).
• Personalized offers. In our communication (see under above), we include personalized offers from Davina Diaries and our partners relating to our services and products. For example, we may include offers for our own products and services or for package deals, bundles and other products and services offered by third parties. We tailor these offers to your interests. For example, with your consent we may send you an email after a purchase with offers based on your purchase or reading history to inspire you for your next purchase. We may also share non-personalized information with our partners so they can offer you with a relevant choice of products and services (please see ‘Disclosing or sharing data with third parties’ below). All communication is sent by Davina Diaries alone. No contact details are shared with our partners for this purpose without your consent. More information on our partners and the products and services they offer is provided when you subscribe and can be found on our websites.
• Legal basis. We process your personal data as described in this paragraph for our legitimate interest and the interests of third parties to provide you with relevant updates and offers.
• Opt-in and opt-out, unsubscribe and right to object. We only send you emails and mobile push notifications with updates and special offers with your prior opt-in. You can opt-out from receiving purchase related commercial emails during the purchase procedure. You can unsubscribe from these purchase related commercial emails and the emails and mobile push notifications with updates and special offers, any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, by adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available), by changing your smart phone settings (for mobile push notifications) or by contacting us (please see ‘Your Rights’ below). When you unsubscribe, you will still receive our purchase related and loyalty program service emails (such as your purchase confirmation, services and membership welcome mail). You may object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes anytime (please see below ‘Your rights’).
f. For other direct marketing purposes
• General. This paragraph describes specific examples of our use of your data for other direct marketing purposes.
• Linked site behaviour. If you log on to our website using your Davina Diaries account or if you visit our websites via a link in an email, we will link your site behaviour to your data on our data management platform. We mainly use this data to exclude you from further advertising once you have purchased a product.
• Abandoned cart. When you break of your booking procedure on our website, we will send you a personalized email with a link to your booking procedure so you can continue where you left of. We will only send you such email at your request or if you have agreed to receive updates and special offers from us by email. You can withdraw your consent for such emails anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, by adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available) or by contacting us (please see ‘Your Rights’ below).
g. To communicate with you
We use your contact details to communicate with you in relation to our services or loyalty programs, to answer your questions or to handle your complaints.
i. For record keeping and to comply with statutory obligations
We collect, store and use your data for internal business purposes, such as record keeping and to comply with our legal and fiscal obligations.
We may be required by law to collect and share your identifying information with public authorities or governmental organizations for the purpose of state security or combatting terrorism.
4.2 Legal basis. We collect, use and store your personal data to provide services and our loyalty program to you, to comply with the legal obligations we are subject to, if necessary for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party or on the basis of your consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the specific instructions in relation to the processing for which you provided your consent. For example, by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available) or by changing your smart phone settings (for mobile push notifications and location data). You may also contact us to withdraw your consent (please see ‘Your Rights’ below).
If you refuse to provide personal data that we require for the performance of the contract or compliance with a legal obligation, we may not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested from us. For example, we would not be able to ship your purchases without proper contact details.
When we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, we have balanced these interests against your legitimate interests. Where necessary we have taken appropriate measures to limit implications and prevent unwarranted harm to you. Our legitimate interests may for example include security and safety purposes or to provide better services and offers to you. For more information on these interests, please see the ‘For which purposes we use your data’ above. Where we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, you have the right to object at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation (please see ‘Your Rights’ below).
5. Disclosing or sharing data with a third party
5.1 General. We may disclose or share your personal data with our loyalty program partners, service providers or subcontractors for the following purposes.
a. For support services
We use third parties to provide our services, such as IT suppliers, social network providers, marketing agencies, credit and charge card companies and anti-fraud screening service providers. All such third parties will be required to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
Within Davina Diaries , business activities are carried out (and business efficiencies are achieved) by processing or consolidating information (including personal data) in centralized databases and systems. These central databases and systems may be hosted or managed by an external firm. In addition, for efficiency purposes certain operational functions may be performed by a third party. This means that these firms may have access to your personal data for these purposes. These firms provide us a firm guarantee that they do not access your personal data.
c. For our loyalty programs and benefits
d. Statistical research and direct marketing
We may share your personal data with group companies and third parties for statistical research and direct marketing. Please see above ‘Statistical research’, ‘To send you updates and special offers tailored to your interests’ and ‘Other direct marketing purposes’ for more information.
e. To let you benefit from the services of our partners
With your consent, we may share your information with our partners to let you benefit from the services of these partners that we integrate or offer in our own services and apps. For example, we may share non-personalized information with a hotel booking platform so it can provide you with an offer for a hotel tailored to your trip. Although we select our partners with care, these partners have their own privacy policies that apply to the way they use your personal data.
5.2 Public authorities. We may also be required by law to collect and share your identifying information with public authorities or governmental organizations for the purpose of security or combatting terrorism.
6. Security and Retention
6.1 Davina Diaries will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful use.
7.International Transfers Of Your Data
7.1 Davina Diaries may transfer your personal data to countries other than your country of residence (including countries outside the European Economic Area). This occurs in the course of providing your royalty or product purchase information because our partners or service providers have operations in countries across the world. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data.
7.2 The transfer of personal data to countries other than your country of residence is often necessary to provide our services to you. In other cases, Davina Diaries will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to comply with the requirements for the international transfer of personal data under applicable privacy laws. For transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area, Davina Diaries may use Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses as safeguards.
7.3 We may also be required to disclose your personal data to foreign public or government authorities
We may also disclose your personal data to government authorities if applicable law requires disclosure.
8. Your Rights
8.1 You may contact our Privacy Office (please see below) to exercise any of the rights you are granted under applicable data protection laws, which includes (1) the right to access your data, (2) to rectify them, (3) to erase them, (4) to restrict the processing of your data, (5) the right to data portability and (6) the right to object to processing.
1. Right to access
You may ask us whether or not we process any of your personal data and, if so, receive access to that data in the form of a copy. When complying with an access request, we will also provide you with additional information, such as the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned as well as any other information necessary for you to exercise the essence of this right.
2. Right to rectification
You have the right to have your data rectified in case of inaccuracy or incompleteness. Upon request, we will correct inaccurate personal data about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, complete incomplete personal data, which may include the provision of a supplementary statement.
3. Right to erasure
You also have the right to have your personal data erased, which means the deletion of your data by us and, where possible, any other controller to whom your data has previously been made public by us. Erasure of your personal data only finds place in certain cases, prescribed by law and listed under article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes situations where your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the initial purposes for which they were processed as well as situations where they were processed unlawfully. Due to the way we maintain certain services, it may take some time before backup copies are erased.
4. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data, which means that we suspend the processing of your data for a certain period of time. Circumstances which may give rise to this right include situations where the accuracy of your personal data was contested but some time is needed for us to verify their (in)accuracy. This right does not prevent us from continuing to store your personal data. We will inform you before the restriction is lifted.
5. Right to data portability
Your right to data portability entails that you may request us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have such data transmitted directly to another controller, where technically feasible. Upon request and where this is technically feasible we will transmit your personal data directly to the other controller.
6. Right to object.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, which means you may request us to no longer process your personal data. This only applies in case the ‘legitimate interests’ ground (including profiling) constitutes the legal basis for processing (see ‘Legal basis’ above).
At any time and free of charge you can object to direct marketing purposes in case your personal data are processed for such purposes, which includes profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. In case you exercise this right, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
8.2 You may withdraw your consent at any time
You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the specific instructions in relation to the processing for which you provided your consent. For example, you may withdraw consent, by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available) or by changing your smart phone settings (for mobile push notifications and location data).
You may also contact the Privacy Office of Davina Diaries.
8.4 When you would like to exercise your rights, all you have to do is send your request to the Privacy Office of Davina Diaries :
Email: info@davina diaries.com
9. How We Look After This policy