There are some psychological tips that work on a subconscious level. They help you win another person’s trust, get somebody’s approval, and relax when you are stressed.
Here are 10 tips that work every time and can be useful in any situation.
1. When several people are laughing, every person looks at the person he or she likes the most.
After a good joke or in the middle of an interesting discussion, every person instinctively looks at the person they like the most. So in order to find out everything about a group of friends, prepare a few really good jokes.
2. Chew something when you are nervous.
Before an important conversation, a public speech, or another event that makes you nervous, you should try to chew gum or even eat something.
- Nobody eats when they are in danger. While chewing, our brain thinks that it’s safe to relax. It sends a signal that relieves the tension and helps us to calm down.
3. Staring can help you get any information.
If you don’t like the answer you received from a person or it seems that they are not telling you something, just keep staring at them.
- In this situation, the silence will be so unbearable that they will be ready to tell you anything just to end it.
4. Imagine that your future employer is a good friend of yours.
In order not to worry during an important exam or a job interview, imagine that the person in front of you is a friend you haven’t seen for a long time. This will help you calm down very quickly, and answering the person’s questions will be much easier.
5. If you have to work with people a lot, put a mirror behind you.
If you have to talk to many people at work, put a small mirror behind your back. You will be surprised, but many people will be more polite and ready to meet you halfway. This is because nobody likes to see themselves angry or annoyed.
6. If you think someone is looking at you, just yawn.
Just look at this picture. You yawned, didn’t you? Yes, yawning is extremely contagious. To figure out if someone is watching you, just yawn and look around. The person who was watching you will most likely yawn too.
7. Pay attention to the direction of feet while talking to other people.
People’s feet can help you find out their true emotions in a conversation. If you come to them and they only turn their body to you, but not their feet, it means they don’t like you.
- By the way, if the tips of their shoes are facing a different direction, it means they want to leave as soon as possible.
8. If you want to get rid of something, just give it to someone while talking to them.
Ask someone a personal question or their opinion about something. While answering, the brain will be so busy that all other actions will be done automatically. In this situation, most people will take whatever you give them without even thinking.
9. If you want to easily become friends with someone, just ask for a favour.
This should be something very simple (passing sauce, a napkin, a sheet of paper, or a pen). The person who is doing the favour will think that they like you because they are doing you a favour.
Schedule important meetings for the beginning or the end of the day.
People memorize things that happen at the beginning and end of the day the best. Everything else is blurry. That’s why we recommend scheduling important meetings for these periods of time. If you are having a job interview, try to be either the first or the last candidate.